• Postgraduate Diploma in Landscape Architecture. University of Sheffield, UK, 1998
• Bachelor of Science. Landscape Design and Plant Science, University of Sheffield, UK, 1996
• 2001 Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute, UK • 2017 International Member of the American Society of Landscape Architects
• 2019 Tongji University College of Architecture & Urban Planning, Design Studio Guest Lecturer, Green Roof & Vertical Greening, Landscape Planning Design Studio
With a background in Landscape Design with Plant Science, Mr. Parks has extensive experience working in collaboration with ecologists, water specialists, horticulturalists, planners, urban designers, architects and engineers. His designs aim bring nature into cities for wildlife, biodiversity, habitat creation and for health and wellbeing of people.
He employs the same passion and integrity when planning at regional scale, urban design and through to the finite details of landscape architecture. His projects have won multiple international and domestic awards. Mr. Parks advocacy for nature-based solutions have formed the basis of many lectures, forum presentations and knowledge sharing across a wide range of professional organizations, international forums and academic institutions.
His notable work includes one of the largest open green spaces in the downtown area of Shanghai, the Zhangjiabang Green Wedge, the 12km long scenic waterfront belt at Nanjing Eco-Island and the resilient waterfront park beside the Yong River, Ningbo. He has participated in many international urban design and planning competitions in Shanghai including the East Bund, Yangpu Bridge Park, Houtan Expo Culture Park, Sanlin South Bay, Taopu Forest Park, Binjiang Forest Park, Senlan Waigaoqiao and the South Minhang Waterfront.
His passion for nature has driven initiatives such as the AECOM Shanghai office Roof Garden, and twice winner at the Shanghai International Flower Show for garden designs that advocate nature-based solutions in urban environments.
• Xintiandi Style I. RICS Award for Urban Regeneration of the Year.
• Nanjing Eco-Island Yangtze River Waterfront. AIA International Region Merit Award for Urban Design.
• Nanjing Eco-Island Yangtze River Waterfront. AIA International Region Sustainable Future Award.
• Nanjing Eco Hi-Tech Island Riverside Scenic Belt Demonstration Area. Certificate of Honour. 2020 Jinling Cup (City Quality Project) Award of Nanjing Landscape Architecture Association.
• Chengdu Shaheyuan Park: Infusing Sustainability with Lumbar Heritage. AIA Shanghai Citation Award for Urban Design.
• Chengdu Shaheyuan Park: Infusing Sustainability with Lumbar Heritage. 4th ELA International Landscape Awards, Landscape Projects of the Year.
• Chengdu Shaheyuan Park: Infusing Sustainability with Lumbar Heritage. 4th ELA International Landscape Awards, Most Social Impact of the Year.
• Chengdu Shaheyuan Park: Infusing Sustainability with Lumbar Heritage. 4th ELA International Landscape Awards, Open Space Landscape of the Year.
• Agile Xiamen Xiangshan Bay. 4th ELA International Landscape Awards, Best Demonstration Area Landscape of the Year.
• Plant-Based Future Garden. Platinum Award. Delicate Horticulture, Beautiful Life. 2020 Shanghai International Flower Show.
• 2018 ‘Singapore-Nanjing Eco Hi-Tech Island Waterfront Scenic Belt’ Landscape Architecture, October 2018
• 2016: ‘Yong River Platform Park in Ningbo’, Landscape Architecture Frontiers, Thematic Practices. Volume 4, Issue 5, October 2016, pp. 074 – 087
• 2008: ‘Riverside Landscape Design’, International New Landscape, China Special Edition, April 2008, pp. 12-23
• 2007: ‘Ning Hang Expressway Ecology, Landscape &Tourism for Road Design’, International New Landscape, China Special Issue, June 2007, pp. 20-31
• 2005: ‘Haihe River’ Urban Design, Summer 2005, Issue 95, pp.18-20